Saturday, June 27, 2009

Crazy BIG Things

Crazy BIG things going on for me in the next couple months:

The Ghost Poetry Project

Melbourne launch: Friday, Aug 14, 6-7:30 pm at Old Melb Gaol. Launched by Kevin Brophy.

Sydney launch: Saturday, Sept 5, 4-6 pm at St Stephens in Newtown. Launched by Peter Kirkpatrick.

Wordplay

One of the best gigs going and I get to feature on August 13, the night before my Melbourne book launch. Following that I’ll be featuring for Wordplay at the upcoming Melbourne Writers Festival along with poets Ben Ezra, Chris Wallace Crabbe, Chloe Wilmott Jackson and Geoff Lemon.

http://www.wordplay.org.au/

Thriller (Liner Notes)

In more Melbourne Writers Festival news, I’m performing for THE hottest ticket in town, Liner Notes. And yep, we’re doing none other than MJ’s Thriller. So, yep, it's gonna be big!

For each Liner Notes event, novelists, poets, comedians, writers, hip hop artists and the like are assigned a track each from a much-loved album. They're invited to create a response to it in any way they see fit. All up, it makes for a great themed night, combining the best of literary, anecdotal and musical pleasures.

At the Toff in Town on Thursday, 27 August. Starring Linda Jaivin, Nick Earls and Josh Earl. Check the MWF website for more details soon.

ps. the track I’ve been entrusted with is Thriller! ARGGGH. I'm not worthy. I’ve booked in lessons this week to get some moves down.

Dog Chain 4-7-9-1 or How the Goose Broke Open
(working title)

While all of this rolls on, and thanks to the Australia Council, I’m writing my new play. I haven’t spoken much about it yet because… well, superstitious reasons I guess. But I’m attempting (in a pretty lame way) to say a bit more than usual in this post.

Based upon convict stories and escape myths it is an inspired mash up of characters such as the bushranger/escape artist, Martin Cash, and the cannibal, Alexander Pearce. It is a world of quarantine, paranoia, madness, love and dreams, separated by a chain of savage dogs.

Jeez, wish me luck. I'm exhausted just thinking about it all ;)

2 comments:

lisa said...

Good luck - and enjoy the ride...

nathan curnow said...

thanks Lisa. I often stop by to Unwakeable... keep me up to date with your exciting news too. ciao :)