Sunday, May 31, 2009

Poet Bunny RockStar

An invite to the coolest gig in town. We all hope to see you there.
So I'm just home from the Emerging Writers Festival in Melbourne. Um, I don't know what to say about it other than just wait for the pics. That might be best. This Poet-Bunny-RockStar is SO tired. It turns out that if you happen have to a giant bunny suit handy you can do good deeds like assisting with wedding photos. I gave a kiss to one beautiful bride on the steps of the Town Hall before heading inside for my session. Felt awesome! (thanks to Angela Meyer for the "poet bunny rockstar" tag. that's a keeper. I couldn't be happier with that.)

And another thing I learnt is that if you do have a bunny suit Jennifer Mills will always help zip you up. Check out her new book with UQP here... http://www.jenjen.com.au

Now pop Friday, August 14 in your diary for the launch of The Ghost Poetry Project at Old Melbourne Gaol. 6-7:30 pm. Launched by Kevin Brophy.

Ten nights. Ten haunted locations. One terrifying adventure across Australia.

From a gaol cell to a lunatic asylum to a night in a haunted hearse, The Ghost Poetry Project is one poet's attempt to find a language of guts and daring. A unique exploration of fear, courage and the power of mystery and myth.

7 comments:

genevieve said...

SPOOKY launch - sounds most suitable. It was nice to meet you, Nathan, and I think I'll have to get along to that.

nathan curnow said...

hey genevieve. nice to meet you too. hope you had a good festival! and yes, gaols do seem to be the venues for me... for a little while to come anyway. catch you around.

Anonymous said...

so is this launch coming to 'a town near you'?

or is melbourne the best bet for all of us hardcore ghost poetry project supporters?

nathan curnow said...

hmm... well I'm just trying to work this out now actually. thinking Melb, Portland, Ballarat. Sydney's a goer too, but hopefully a couple more NSW stops ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey Poet Bunny Rockstar, I walked into your session late, just as you were finishing up (post beheading yourself), and was wondering if you're going to post your talk at all? You did seem to stare me down when I had the audacity to come in late, so perhaps this request will incur the wrath of the bunny, but hey, I'm a tough gal, I can handle it... Gulp.

nathan curnow said...

Hey Simonne

thanks for stopping by. Ha. I DID look at you a fair bit didn't I? I remember now. but believe me, no wrath intended ;) i think I was looking for someone to anchor onto in case I was sinking. this bunny was WAY nervous about it all! and I hadn't even thought about posting my talk. hmmm...

Anonymous said...

He he! It hardly looked like you needed an anchor - more like you had the crowd in the palm of your hand (paw?). Hence my desire to partake of your rabbity wisdoms. So, you gonna post it?!