Monday, January 8, 2007

Picton

Hi
I am heading off to the town of Picton this week... next stop on my Ghost Poetry Project.
For those who came late, I have been funded by the Australia Council to stay at ten haunted sites around the country and write a new collection of poetry based on my experiences.


Picton is my third stop so far. It is one hour from Sydney and said to be the most haunted town in Australia. It boasts over 20 haunted sites. These include the picton tunnel, the cemetery and various hotels/cottages which I will be visiting. I am also staying in room 11 at a local inn which is said to have a glowing crucifix inexplicably appear upon the wall.


For more info on haunted Picton check out these links:


www.lizvincenttours.com.au

http://www.paranormalaustralia.com/hauntings/picton.html

I will let you know how the visit goes, but if you've visited Picton in the past feel free to post comments on your impressions.

No comments: